UBI Research published a report analyzing Samsung Display’s 41 published patents for QNED (quantum dot nanorod LED).
Samsung Display is developing QNED as the next-generation display business. Reports on the QNED structure have already been issued through various channels, but the substance of the QNED has not been released.
This report contains directions for the development of QNED technology, including QNED pixel structure and nanorod LED alignment principles analyzed from published patent content. In addition, a manufacturing process constructed based on the structure depicted in the patent was included.
1. QNED Overview
2. Nanorod LED Structure and Manufacturing Process
3. TFT Structure and Manufacturing Process
4. Pixel Structure and Manufacturing Process
5. QD-CF Structure and Manufacturing Process
7. Electrode Structure Analysis
|8. Nanorod LED Alignment Technology
8.1 Alignment Principle
8.2 Nanorod LED Alignment Sequence
8.3 Nanorod LED Alignment Waveform
8.4 Dipole Strengthening Technology9. Nanorod LED Count control Technology
9.1 Dam Structure for Ink Level Adjustment
9.2 Characteristics by Dam Structure
9.3 Dam Structure for Nanorod LED Alignment
10. Light Extraction Structure and Reflective Layer
11. QNED Development History Analysis
12. The Meaning of QNED Development and Its Impact on the Display Industry